Last Updated on
This page contains official 2019/2020 WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Industrial Chemistry, including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering this Course, A level requirements and much more.
|Qualification||(B.Sc. & B. Tech)|
|How many years||3 – 4 Years|
|Who can study this couse||Science student|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Related courses||Industrial Chemistry related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Industrial Chemistry. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a science student with a good background science subjects for you to study Industrial Chemistry in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Industrial Chemistry
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Industrial Chemistry in Nigeria universities. These subjects combination are also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Industrial Chemistry must include:
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any universities, college or polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Industrial Chemistry. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Industrial Chemistry, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Industrial Chemistry
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Industrial Chemistry that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME instead of 180 to be on a safe side because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider the College of Education or Polytechnic… Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Industrial Chemistry. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Industrial Chemistry must include:
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Industrial Chemistry
If you’re one of those seeking admission into the University to further your studies, in addition to the required WAEC subjects combination for Industrial Chemistry, you are expected to have;
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Mathematics
(ii) OND in Science Technology or ND in relevant field with UTME requirements
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Industrial Chemistry, don’t give up. You should consider other Industrial Chemistry similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and university
These are the list of Universities offering Industrial Chemistry in Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Achievers University, Owo
- Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan (ACU)
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Covenant University Ota with options in i. Materials/Polymer Chemistry ii. Environmental/Analytical Chemistry)
- Crawford University Igbesa
- Chrisland University
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina (FUDUSOK)
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI)
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- Hallmark University, Ijebi Itele, Ogun
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- Kola Daisi University Ibadan, Oyo State
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Madonna University, Okija
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY)
- Micheal & Cecilia Ibru University
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Obong University, Obong Ntak
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu – Osun State
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology Okitipupa (OSUSTECH)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Redeemer’s University, Mowe
- Renaissance University, Enugu
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa
- Tansian University, Umunya,
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYU)
- Hezekiah University, Umudike
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Veritas University, Abuja
- Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa – Edo State
- Western Delta University, Oghara Delta State
- Wesley University of Science & Technology, Ondo.
I know some of you will start searching for the best university to study Industrial Chemistry. Listen, there is no such thing as best universities or top universities to study Industrial Chemistry in Nigeria. Nobody has that information. Although recommendations are allowed, don’t be deceived by the word “best”. Read why you should stop looking for the best University in Nigeria
You should read this also
- Common Problems Students Face in University
- The Pros and Cons of Living Off-Campus or On-Campus
- How to set up a timetable for study
Cut-off Mark for Industrial Chemistry course
As you can see, more than one University offers Industrial Chemistry. This means the cut-off mark for Industrial Chemistry varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Industrial Chemistry is a good course and you can also check the top best science courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Industrial Chemistry is how many years course?
In Nigeria, if you gain admission to study Industrial Chemistry at the university through JAMB UTME, you will study Industrial Chemistry for four years. If you gain admission through direct entry, you will study this course for three years. And of course there is room for more years if you have extension; the aftermath of carryover courses.
Industrial Chemistry is under which faculty in Nigeria?
According to JAMB, a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions, Industrial Chemistry is under the Faculty/School/College of Science but may be under a different faculty in some universities in Nigeria.
Have you read this?
- How to Deal With Problems Related to Your Studies
- How to Request For Missing Result, Scripts or A Remark
- How to Avoid or Overcome Carry over Courses
Can a commercial or an art student study Industrial Chemistry?
No! If you are a Commercial or an Art student, you cannot Industrial Chemistry at the university because it is a pure science course which need a good background on science subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Also, during WAEC or NECO registration make sure you know which subjects are been registered for you because some secondary schools are ignorant about the importance of O level requirements for university courses. Another alternative way to register the required subject combinations for Industrial Chemistry is through GCE.
Learn more about Industrial Chemistry
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Industrial Chemistry in WAEC. But note this — Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results.
You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Industrial Chemistry below if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for Industrial Chemistry had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar….
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Industrial Physics
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Industrial Mathematics
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Pure and Industrial Chemistry
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject Combinations for Applied Botany
- Study Industrial and Environmental Chemistry
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Physical Sciences
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Pure and Industrial Physics
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Physics / Industrial Physics
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Pure and Applied Mathematics
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Biological Science