Last Updated on
O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Electrical / Electronics Engineering; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
Are you a person with the following qualities?
- An aptitude for mathematics and science
- Enjoys working with people
- An interest in developing the ability to solve complex problems
- An analytical mind
- Enjoys exploring possible improvements to existing systems coupled with the ability for creative and practical work
- The desire to develop a professional approach to your work and conduct
If your answer is YES to these questions then you should study electrical engineering! What is electrical engineering? Electrical and electronic engineering are exciting and dynamic fields. Electrical engineers and technologists are responsible for the generation, transfer and conversion of electrical power, while Electrical and electronic engineers are concerned with the transfer of information using radio waves, the design of electronic circuits, the design of computer systems and the development of control systems such as aircraft autopilots. These sought-after professionals can look forward to rewarding and respected careers.
The admission requirement to study Electrical / Electronics Engineering in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
What is O level/WAEC subject combination (requirement) for Electrical / Electronics Engineering?
The subjects needed to study Electrical / Electronics Engineering in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Electrical / Electronics Engineering must include
- Mathematics If you don’t have credit in Mathematics, Click here fast
- English Language
- Any other Science subject
- A trade subject
Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Elect Elect), deals with the engineering problems, opportunities and needs of electrical, electronics, computer, telecommunication systems and related industries. This branch provides students with a wide range of fundamental knowledge in core disciplines such as communications, control systems, signal processing, radio frequency design, microprocessors, microelectronics, power generation and electrical machines. The discipline focuses on design and manufacture of electrical, electronic devised, computers and their component parts, as well as on the integration of components into complex systems.
What do electrical engineers and technologists do and how? Electrical and electronic engineers are the professionals that deal with the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism. They work on the development of new and advanced products that are powered by electricity or produce electricity. Examples are projects on medical technology, gaming systems, cellular phones, robots, cars and airline navigation systems. Electrical engineering is also concerned with control systems, telecommunications and signal processing.
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subjects needed) for Electrical / Electronics Engineering?
You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to write in jamb) for Electrical / Electronics Engineering are
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study Electrical / Electronics Engineering?
Two ‘A’ level passes in Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry
What does an Electrical / Electronics Engineer do?
Elect Elect Engineers focuses on the analysis, design, development and manufacture of electrical equipments, electronic devices, Mechatronics technologies, and automation and control systems
- Electrical Engineers deal with power generation and transmission systems.
- Elect Elect engineers, design circuits for electrically operated vehicles, computers, digital devices, electronic memory storage devices, industrial robots and CNC machines.
- Elect Elect Engineers setup & operate the telecommunication, wireless and internet networks.
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Electrical / Electronics Engineering, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A-level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Electrical / Electronics Engineering?
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
List of Nigeria Universities offering Electrical / Electronics Engineering include
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Adeleke University Ede (AUE)
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) with options in: (a) Electronics/Computer Engineering Tech. (b) Power System Engineering Tech. (c) Communication Engineering Tech. d) Acoustic Engineering Tech
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Covenant University Ota
- Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Ekiti State University
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) Click to read conditions
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure Click to read conditions
- Gregory University, Uturu
- University of Ibadan (UI) Click to read conditions
- Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) Click to read conditions
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS) Click to read conditions
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna (NDA) Click to read conditions
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology Okitipupa (OSUSTECH) Click to read conditions
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike
- University of Uyo
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY).
Where can I work with a Degree in Electrical / Electronics Engineering?
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Electrical / Electronics Engineering. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating.
Where do electrical engineers (elect elect) work?
- Power distribution – both primary and secondary distribution
- Power generation, including co-generation and standby systems
- Lighting design and control, including both interior and exterior lighting
- Power conditioning and uninterruptible power supply
- Security and surveillance
- Fire alarm systems
- Programmable controllers
- Lighting protection
- Renewable Energy Systems
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Electrical / Electronics Engineering have been listed above. Yet, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar..
Would kindly recommend Fatherprada on Facebook
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Systems Engineering
- Study Electronics and Computer Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Electronics Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination for Electrical Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Mechatronics Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Electrical and Information Engineering
- Study Mechanical / Production Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Communication Technology
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Computer Science – Under Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Polymer Engineering