Last Updated on
O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Electrical / Electronics Engineering 2019/2020; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
|Course||Electrical / Electronics Engineering|
|Qualification||B. Eng., B.Sc., B. Tech., B. Arc|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Related courses||Electrical / Electronics Engineering related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
You must be a science student to study Electrical / Electronics Engineering in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level requirement.
That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), s, Special consideration (waivers) and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
Are you a person with the following qualities
- An aptitude for mathematics and science
- Enjoys working with people
- An interest in developing the ability to solve complex problems
- An analytical mind
- Enjoys exploring possible improvements to existing systems coupled with the ability for creative and practical work
- The desire to develop a professional approach to your work and conduct
If your answer is YES to these questions then you should study electrical engineering! Electrical and electronic engineering are exciting and dynamic fields. Electrical engineers and technologists are responsible for the generation, transfer and conversion of electrical power, while Electrical and electronic engineers are concerned with the transfer of information using radio waves, the design of electronic circuits, the design of computer systems and the development of control systems such as aircraft autopilots. These sought-after professionals can look forward to rewarding and respected careers.
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Electrical / Electronics Engineering
The subjects needed to study Electrical / Electronics Engineering in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Electrical / Electronics Engineering must include
- English Language
- Any other Science subject
- A trade subject
Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Elect Elect), deals with the engineering problems, opportunities and needs of electrical, electronics, computer, telecommunication systems and related industries. This branch provides students with a wide range of fundamental knowledge in core disciplines such as communications, control systems, signal processing, radio frequency design, microprocessors, microelectronics, power generation and electrical machines.
The discipline focuses on design and manufacture of electrical, electronic devised, computers and their component parts, as well as on the integration of components into complex systems.
What do electrical engineers and technologists do and how Electrical and electronic engineers are the professionals that deal with the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism. They work on the development of new and advanced products that are powered by electricity or produce electricity.
Examples are projects on medical technology, gaming systems, cellular phones, robots, cars and airline navigation systems. Electrical engineering is also concerned with control systems, telecommunications and signal processing.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Electrical / Electronics Engineering
Knowing JAMB subjects for Electrical / Electronics Engineering is not enough. You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just a piece of advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree.
JAMB UTME subject combinations (subjects to write in jamb) to study Electrical / Electronics Engineering are:
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Electrical / Electronics Engineering
Two ‘A’ level passes in Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry
What does an Electrical / Electronics Engineer do
Electrical Engineers focuses on the analysis, design, development and manufacture of electrical equipment, electronic devices, Mechatronics technologies, and automation and control systems
- Electrical Engineers deal with power generation and transmission systems.
- Electrical engineers, design circuits for electrically operated vehicles, computers, digital devices, electronic memory storage devices, industrial robots and CNC machines.
- Electrical Engineers setup & operate the telecommunication, wireless and internet networks.
If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider other Electrical / Electronics Engineering similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
These are the list of Universities offering Electrical / Electronics Engineering in Nigeria
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Adeleke University Ede (AUE)
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) with options in: (a) Electronics/Computer Engineering Tech. (b) Power System Engineering Tech. (c) Communication Engineering Tech. d) Acoustic Engineering Tech
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Covenant University Ota
- Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Ekiti State University
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Gregory University, Uturu
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna (NDA)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology Okitipupa (OSUSTECH)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike
- University of Uyo
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY).
Cut-off Mark for Electrical / Electronics Engineering course
The cut-off mark for Electrical / Electronics Engineering varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Electrical / Electronics Engineering is a good course and you can also check the top best engineering courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Electrical / Electronics Engineering is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Electrical / Electronics Engineering is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, Electrical / Electronics Engineering is under Faculty of Agriculture but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Can a commercial or art student study Electrical / Electronics Engineering?
No! Electrical / Electronics Engineering is a pure science course and not suitable for commercial or art student. But if you have required subject combination in your O level result, you can go for it if that is the course you desire to study. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects during WAEC registration because your schools may go against it. The alternative way to write the required subjects combination for Electrical / Electronics Engineering is through GCE
Where can I work with a Degree in Electrical / Electronics Engineering
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Electrical / Electronics Engineering. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating.
Where do electrical engineers (elect elect) work
- Power distribution – both primary and secondary distribution
- Power generation, including co-generation and standby systems
- Lighting design and control, including both interior and exterior lighting
- Power conditioning and uninterruptible power supply
- Security and surveillance
- Fire alarm systems
- Programmable controllers
- Lighting protection
- Renewable Energy Systems
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Electrical / Electronics Engineering have been listed above. Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar..
Follow Fatherprada on Facebook
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Systems Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Electrical Engineering
- Requirements to Study Electronics and Computer Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Electronics Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Mechatronics Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Electrical and Information Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Communication Technology
- Requirements to Study Mechanical / Production Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Food Science and Technology – Under Engineering
- Requirement to Study Computer Engineering – Under Engineering