Last Updated on
This page contains 2020/2021 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Anatomy, including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering this Course, A level requirements and much more
|Qualifications||M.B.B.S., MB.B.Ch.B., B.D.S., B.Ch.D., Pharm.B, B.SC|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Related courses||Anatomy related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Anatomy. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a Science student for you to study Anatomy in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Anatomy
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Anatomy in Nigeria universities. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Anatomy must include:
- English Language
- A trade subject
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any universities, college or polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Anatomy. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Anatomy, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Anatomy
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Anatomy that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME instead of 180 to be on a safe side because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider the College of Education or Polytechnic… Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Anatomy. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Anatomy must include:
- Physics or Chemistry
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Anatomy
If you’re one of those seeking admission into the University to further your studies, in addition to the required WAEC subjects combination for Anatomy, you are expected to have Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Biology, Chemistry and Physics in addition to UTME requirement.
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Anatomy, don’t give up. You should consider other Anatomy similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and university
These are the list of Universities offering Anatomy in Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bayero University, Kano
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Northwest University Kano (NWU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences (OSUMS)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
I know some of you will start searching for the best university to study Anatomy. Listen, I don’t encourage such but if you’re bent on knowing the best universities or top universities to study Anatomy in Nigeria, Check here
You should read this also
- Common Problems Students Face in University
- The Pros and Cons of Living Off-Campus or On-Campus
- How to set up a timetable for study
Cut-off Mark for Anatomy course
As you can see, more than one University offers Anatomy. This means the cut-off mark for Anatomy varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Anatomy is a good course and you can also check the top best science courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Anatomy is how many years course?
In Nigeria, if you gain admission to study Anatomy at the university through JAMB UTME, you will study Anatomy for four years. If you gain admission through direct entry, you will study this course for three years. And of course there is room for more years if you have extension; the aftermath of carryover courses.
Anatomy is under which faculty in Nigeria?
According to JAMB, a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions, Anatomy is under the Faculty/School/College of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Science but may be under a different faculty in some universities in Nigeria.
Have you read this?
- How to Deal With Problems Related to Your Studies
- How to Request For Missing Result, Scripts or A Remark
- How to Avoid or Overcome Carry over Courses
Can a science or art student study Anatomy?
No! If you are a Commercial or Art student, you can’t study Anatomy at the university. This is a pure science course. But if you are good with Science subjects, you can take your chances I won’t discourage you provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Also, during WAEC or NECO registration make sure you know which subjects are been registered for you because some secondary schools are ignorant about the importance of O level requirements for university courses. Another alternative way to register the required subject combinations for Anatomy is through GCE.
What is Anatomy course all about?
Another name for Anatomy is the human body. It is the study of organs functions, tissue structures in the human body, animals and other organisms. You were taught biology is secondary school right Anatomy is the great grandfather of biology.
Anatomy is a very good course to those who have a keen interest in science, particularly in human anatomy. Studying this course gives you an in-depth understanding of the structure and the function of the human body, animals and organism, their relationship and organization etc.. You will also learn oral and communication skills needed for research purpose..
Learn more about Anatomy
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Anatomy in WAEC. But note this — Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results.
You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Anatomy below if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for Anatomy had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar….
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Human Anatomy
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Public Health Technology
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Radiography
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Medical Rehabilitation
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Biomedical Technology – Under Medicine
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Physiology
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Physiotherapy
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Pharmacology
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Biochemistry – Under Medicine